Where does time go?

By Katie Nilsson

I’m sorry I haven’t had a chance to write in awhile.  I know I’m not technically “working”, but being home with Kam is sometimes more work than being at the station. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE every minute of it, but I just find time is really getting away from me. I can’t believe the little guy is more than a month old! He seems like Kam is doing much better, at least he has calmed down quite a bit this week.  We had his month appointment at the pediatrician’s office yesterday, and Kam has grown almost an inch, and gained a pound and 10 ounces!  He’s so amazing! He’s started to smile, but Kyle and I aren’t sure if he’s smiling at us, or smiling as he’s drifting off into dream land. Either way, it’s adorable! I’ve been trying to get a picture of him doing it, but it’s hard to catch him at the right moment.  Here’s a new one we took Sunday, on his real month ”birthday”.

Kam at one month

The little guy has been having some digestive issues, the doctor told us to give him pear juice to get his system “going”. We did last night, and so far it seems to have worked!  Hopefully we’ll keep having this luck.

I must say my little man was very brave when he got his Hep B vaccine yesterday.  It may have been harder for me to see, than for him to get!  I’m not looking forward to his two month appointment though, when he gets more than one shot! I’ll keep posting when I can, and thanks to everyone who has given us advice to help calm Kam when he gets so upset.  You’ll be happy to know your advice seems to have solved our little diaper dilemma!

This post was written by knilsson on October 20, 2011

1. clair mcguigan October 21, 2011 12:44 am

what an adorable baby boy, and so beautiful mama!!!Happy for you**

2. lynn petit October 21, 2011 6:10 pm

i think you have a little cutie and i hope to see you an the evening news in the near future miss ya

3. Alicia October 25, 2011 2:32 pm

He’s a beautiful little man! I smiled when you said that he can be more work than when you’re at “work”. Having two little guys myself, I find that this is so true!
    I don’t know if your pediatrician mentioned it to you already, but sometimes babies tend to have digestive issues/constipation and are fussy/don’t sleep well related to an allergy to milk. If it continues to be a problem, try cutting out YOUR dairy intake if you’re nursing for a day or two and see if it makes a difference. My youngest son always had problems, but we didn’t find out he had a milk allergy until he was 18 months old. It will save you a lot of trouble if you find out sooner. Milk allergies/intolerances are a lot more common than we think!
    Take care :)

4. monster beats by dr dre headphones March 22, 2012 5:23 am

Excellent stuff from you, man. I’ve read your things before and you are just too awesome. I adore what you have got right here. You make it entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart.This is truly a great blog thanks for sharing

5. hair straighteners March 23, 2012 3:46 am

develops very quickly because it runs by its own special way and it contents the customers greatly.

6. beats dre studio March 30, 2012 9:47 am

The Grade A quality sound make this wonderful http://www.beatsdrestudio.com/ Beats Dre Studio sell better.