A new kind of Christmas light

On Monday I decided to put up the old Christmas tree in the living room. Unfortunately, half of my pre-lit tree lit up. Needless to say, I became increasingly grumpy. After throwing in the towel I went down to Old Time Pottery (and was suprised to see the ‘going out of business sign’). Anyway, I was lucky enough to get a really good deal on a new pre-lit Christmas tree. The only problem with my purchase? I didn’t realize that it was covered with incandescent bulbs!

Did you know that the amount of electricity used by just one little incandescent Christmas bulb is about the same as one hundred and forty LED bulbs (that’s two 24-foot strings of LED lights)? If only Clark W. Griswold knew about that.

Note to self: next time look for the Energy Star lights. Maybe I’ll get those for the outside of the house. Hmmm….

Posted under going green

This post was written by qni_it on December 2, 2009

1. tony December 2, 2009 9:38 PM

I know our house needs new lights around the outside gutter area. We have the icicle lights and we have about 6 or 7 strings of lights that are out completely. If they were working, I would be taking a picture of our house to send it for the holiday display on wrex.com.

2. Renee December 2, 2009 10:33 PM

I have to admit, that so far I don’t like those LED X-mas lights. The one’s I’ve seen have this kind of Halloweenish glow to them. Are there some now that look more normal?

3. Aaron Brackett December 3, 2009 12:31 AM

an interesting tidbit about them…LEDs are energy efficient in themselves, but to add even more efficiency, they actually flash many times per second. When they are held steady, the human eye cannot see this but if you don’t believe me, shake a strand of them back and forth. you will be able to see the quick on/off flashing!

-AB

4. Coach Factory Outlet December 2, 2011 9:37 PM

coach factory outlet feature a predominantly black upper constructed from a soft nubuck as well as patent leather which can be noticed on the Air Max 90 toe box.

5. Coach Outlet December 8, 2011 3:53 AM

like many Coach Outlet of the things it has done, current possibilities
    features such a treaty,foreign policy when the spirit moves him.

6. louis vuitton March 23, 2012 12:11 AM

Coach Outlet are fashionable,shinning.If you want to buy cheap chanel louis vuitton singapore which are not only has an outstanding looking,but also with high quality,we are the best choice of all. Coach Factory Online color is not shinning,if your character is not so outgoing, perhaps cheap Coach Outlet Online are suitable for you.Welcome to place order here! louis vuitton Crossbody Bags Brown 2262 is one of our most popular Coach Factory Outlet in Coach Outlet Store Online for 2012! Royal color, smooth signature sateen and gorgeous logo detail of coach crossbody louis vuitton bags give our slouchy and streamlined silhouette an elegant touch of flattering feminine flair which will add any outfit a polished look Coach Factory !