Storm spotting class Wednesday night

Time for another reminder that the Rockford metro’s storm spotter training course is tomorrow. This is the first year for it to fall during the week so I hope everyone has the opportunity to participate.

If you’re wondering where the facility is located, click on the map below. When you are looking at the front of the Chicago/Rockford Int’l terminal, the building is to the right. The left side of the building says “Int’l Arrivals” and the left is the Public Safety Building. There should be plenty of free parking in the lot right in front. See you tomorrow night! If you have any questions, let us know at weather@wrex.com.

This post was written by qni_it on February 24, 2009

1. Chad South Beloit February 25, 2009 4:14 AM

I’ve been looking forward to this for a couple of months, I even managed to talk a buddy into going with me.

2. tony February 25, 2009 4:43 AM

I think I am going to try to get there by 5:30 since it seems like it might be a full house there tomorrow night. I got there about a half hour early last year and the place was already near full.

3. Adam Painter February 25, 2009 3:27 PM

Plus, if you go early you can watch our very own chief in action as he does the 5 o’clock and 6 o’clock weather segments live from the airport!

4. tony February 25, 2009 3:53 PM

Cool, I know he did say something to me friday night on the phone about possibly doing the weather segments from the airport. I going to try to get there about 5 or 530. I just have a feeling the place is going to be overflowing tonight. It was packed last year when justin and eric were there.

5. Justin February 25, 2009 6:43 PM

So if I plan on being there around 6 does that mean there might not be any room? That would suck if they had to turn people away

6. Greg February 25, 2009 6:48 PM

I was just thinking the same thing. I doubt I’d be able to get there much before 6:00.

7. tony February 26, 2009 3:20 AM

That spotter training class was excellent as usual. Based on what Tim Halbach said, it sounds as if there was well over 100 people that came. I am now ready for spring and severe weather.

8. Sarah February 26, 2009 2:21 PM

Will there be another class? Or am will I have to wait until next year?

9. Tory Burch Otlet February 6, 2012 8:15 PM