Treat: middle 50’s tomorrow Trick: snow by midweek

24While temperatures will be in the middle 50’s for the first half of the week, big changes are in store as we look toward Wednesday. An early high of 55 will occur during the day before a cold front swings through. Current indications are that the cold air will hold off until the afternoon, then temperatures will fall quickly. A few showers may begin towards evening with a chance of snow flakes mixing in overnight and into the morning hours Thursday. If we do see snow, there will be no accumulation as the ground is well above freezing and temperatures near the surface will warm into the low 40’s for the end of the week.

Posted under cold blast

This post was written by qni_it on October 31, 2010

1. WI Weather Buff October 31, 2010 10:58 PM

Ugh. I gotta head up to Minneapolis at 0’dark-thirty Thursday a.m.

Please tell me they’re not expecting many inches of “flakes” up there…

2. FSU November 1, 2010 6:11 AM

I’ll be heading back from Fargo area on Friday WI. Maybe our paths will cross at some point…

This is just a tease, but one we must endure, I suppose. I’m still looking forward to seeing the heavy snow warnings in the forecast Eric! I’m counting on you!!!

3. pam in Poplar Grove November 1, 2010 3:04 PM

Oooh – my guess in the first flake pool was the first week in NOV!! I hope I win!!!

4. Aaron Brackett November 1, 2010 4:45 PM

Guys, even to the north we shouldn’t be looking at a big snow event. This front will pass by pretty quickly and won’t have the setup of a winter storm.

-AB

5. WI Weather Buff November 1, 2010 6:10 PM

@FSU – I’ll race ya back (just kidding). I’m heading back on Friday too. Gotta be home for the weekend (yes!).

6. tony November 1, 2010 6:20 PM

Even though I am predicting december 9 as the day we have our first major snow of 6 or more inches, I would still rather have a major one more towards the middle of december, just so we are guaranteed a white christmas.

7. Manolo Blahnik December 25, 2011 7:09 PM