Two feet???

conus2_gfs0p5_sfc_accum-snow_120hrThe evening models are coming in and are still locked onto a snow event for the middle of next week. Please keep in mind that we are still talkingĀ  four days out and the maps WILL change, but this forecast model has a max snow of 18-20 inches in Northwest Missouri! (Models are continuing to nudge this thing northward (as expected)). Yikes! -ES

Posted under end of the world, snow, winter storm

This post was written by qni_it on January 28, 2011

1. Beth Donahue January 28, 2011 10:16 PM

I hope so!!! Would love lots of snow!!!

2. tony January 28, 2011 10:18 PM

Eric, is the GFS model the only one now that is taking this storm far south to where we would get light amounts, or are there still others?

3. Eric Sorensen January 28, 2011 10:38 PM

Tony, they’ll jump all over the place for a day or so until the system comes ashore in the PACNW.

4. George January 28, 2011 10:45 PM

i’ll be mad if we get it i’m out of town all week and dont wanna miss it!

5. tony January 28, 2011 10:52 PM

Thats cool eric. I will be definitely be watching that GFS model this weekend since it is the only one I am able to view. I will watching for updates on here and facebook from you and cyndi. 13 is the number 1 weather team ever.

6. Al Marinaro January 29, 2011 12:49 AM

Eric, did you see the European Model at 00z. WOW @ the Precip output in Northern ILL. Amazing…

7. Shirley January 29, 2011 9:53 AM

If only this was true!!!!!!!!! We will probably get an inch or so. PLEASE Mother Nature..prove me WRONG!!!!!!!!!

8. tony January 29, 2011 10:02 AM

Where do you people see these other models at. The only one I can view is the GFS.

9. jon mickle January 29, 2011 10:08 AM

I agree with Shirley, I want a huge snow event, but as of now i say 2″ tops. Come on Mother Nature, do your thing!!!

10. jason January 29, 2011 10:16 AM

well i guess bring on the big snowstorm the it all can go away in march ready for spring!the models seem to be all over the place to i bet by sunday or monday we will know more thanks for all u do 13 weather team!

11. tony January 29, 2011 11:39 AM

Yep, I have a feeling by tomorrow we will know more when the storm comes ashore. I sure hope we don’t get missed again.

12. Eric January 29, 2011 12:52 PM

Hey tony, if your on here today at all, did u get check the gfs model as of this morning!!? it has our area in the 12-16 inch range. not sure if ur seeing the same? i know it will likely change, but their is a reason for hope.

13. tony January 29, 2011 2:00 PM

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/ This is the site I go to. I cannot access the site like eric posted yesterday.

14. Lora January 29, 2011 4:38 PM

Oh how I hope we get this one! The kids need a day off mid week (as well as the parents) Who knows? Just maybe. Thanks for all the work you do WREX!

15. Laurie Sullivan January 29, 2011 5:38 PM

If it’s going to be cold, it may as well snow! I know, this is really the opposite way of thinking for me! Thanks Eric for all of the Social Directories you use to keep us informed! You Rock!

16. Lanell January 29, 2011 5:45 PM

Is this gonna be a heavy wet snow event or a light fluffy windy blizzard type event?

17. John Gallagher January 29, 2011 5:57 PM

Well, Wednesday is my 40th birthday, so a nice big snowstorm would be kind of fun. I could stay home and play in the snow with my kids.