Storm System set for Sunday

Our next storm system and its cold front will slowly start to pass through the area Sunday evening and pass by Monday.  Thunderstorms will likely form along the cold front Sunday afternoon to our west and move into our area by Sunday evening.  The combination of a moderately unstable atmosphere, dewpoints into the 60s (moisture), and wind shear will give our atmosphere enough support to build strong to severe storms.  Our main threats will be damaging winds and moderate to large hail.  We will keep you update with the latest information when it comes in.

Posted under severe weather

This post was written by qni_it on May 21, 2011

1. Justin May 21, 2011 3:48 PM

Still storms tonight?

2. John May 21, 2011 4:47 PM

I would kill to have a weatherman’s job. Every day the forcast reads “Today expect partly cloudy skies with a slight chance of sun, rain and even some thundershowers” Come on WREX team… go out on a limb. Eric is in my opinion the best weatherman in the area and aaron a close second, but I just feel like everyday is the exact same “safe” forcast

3. John May 21, 2011 4:58 PM

So here is my SUPER Forcast for Sunday. It is May, so expect temps in the 60’s to upper 70’s with the temperature increasing throughout the day. Expect to see clouds most of the day and since it will be warm you may see a thundershower pop up at any given moment. So go outside and enjoy the day. Watch for dark clouds and listen for distant thunder which indicates rain may begin to fall from the heavens. DO NOT PLAN ANY OUTDOOR MAJOR ACTIVITIES where you spend considerable amounts of money. Chances are; if your luck is like mine it will be washed out. Happy Sunday Praise the Lord

4. Amy May 21, 2011 5:20 PM

Yeah John! You’d make a great weatherman, I’d definately watch your show! Keep up the realistic and funny forecast

5. Kara May 21, 2011 5:25 PM

Eric,
    John needs a career day with you 🙂

6. TL May 21, 2011 6:34 PM

Letter of Reference for John: I believe John would make THE BEST weather forecaster. I think he would make an excellent addition to your forecasters. John would love a job that works two days a week. That would allow him five days a week for his gaming activities, at which he excels. I also think it is necessary for a weatherman to be right at least 20% of the time..John would be accurate at least 30%. “GO Johnny Boy!!”